Melissa Lamebull Ingram

K-5/Physical Education and Health 

ingram_melissa@asdk12.org 

I am Alaska born and raised and the product of the Anchorage School District.  I attended Susitna Elementary Optional Program, Wendler Jr. High and East Anchorage High School.  After graduating from East I attended the University of Hawaii and 

received my Bachelors of Arts degree in

Liberal Studies with an emphasis in Sports and Exercise Science.  I also played on the Women’s Varsity Soccer team.  After graduation I came back to Alaska and decided that I wanted to make a difference in the lives of children on a daily basis 

while passing on my love of physical activity.  I enrolled at the University of Anchorage Alaska to become a 

K-12 Physical Educator. 

I am entering my 7th year of teaching at Polaris K-12 and my 11th year with the Anchorage School District.  I started my teaching career at the same elementary school I attended, Susitna Elementary.   While at Susitna I was awarded the Anchorage School District's Denali Award in the spring of 2010.

Teaching PE is very rewarding to me.  I believe that healthy minds need healthy bodies.  Physical Education plays a critical role in the education

of the whole child.  My goal is to make a physical education setting that is exciting, positive, fun, challenging and where students look forward to participating.

I am married to DeWayne Ingram and we have 3 sons, Kayden, Dash and Jacoby.  As a family we see the importance of leading a healthy active lifestyle.  DeWayne and I were both collegiate athletes and see the benefit of sports.  So most weekends you can find us watching our sons playing basketball or soccer.

A few fun facts about me are; my family was featured in a number of television commercials that ran last year, I was in a Disney movie while I was in college and Coach Damon and I went to elementary school together many moons ago.