Corey Aist

4/5 Multiage TeacherFamilykayak.jpg

aist_corey@asdk12.org

After 10 years teaching at Muldoon Elementary School, I was fortunate to come over to Polaris K-12. My child developmental background fits the multiage environment where I get to form deeper connections and watch students achieve developmental milestones over a longer period of time.

Currently teaching 4/5 graders, I enjoy the Polaris teaching envionement where we are encouraged to engage students in project based activities inspired by the students own learning interests and motivations.  

When not teaching you can find me skiing and kayaking with my family or training my third search and rescue dog Goat. Becca created a fun trailer highlighting Goat's hard work. Check it out at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aHXnHGUh8w

>>

Joey's first backcountry skiing trip up Peak III. 

While returning from our kayaking trip in the lower island chain in PWS, we happened upon the local pod of Orcas at Nowell Pt. rubbing themeslves on the beach. We stayed in the area for an hour watching them take turns and moving about. It was a spectacular moment.

Joey took the footage he took with his GoPro and edited the best of it together. If you listen closely, you can hear the Orcas singing.